INTERREG France Channel England – SMARTHEALTH – Franco-british support programme for e-health SMEs
SmartHealth is a 2-year cross-border project (Interreg France Channel England), leaded by a consortium of 4 innovation agencies and clusters in UK and France. For the first time ever, this initiative aims at facilitating the connection between care institutions expressing specific needs with digital SMEs providing solutions from the 2 sides of the Channel.
Through SmartHealth project and support programme, British SMEs will gain insights on French health market (market access, regulatory aspects, key actors…) just as French SMEs will gain insights on UK market. In the meantime, 6 hospitals will benefit from this project as SmartHealth partners will directly source innovation for them, and help digital SMEs meeting these care requirements!
SmartHealth follows a 4-step process:
- Engage contacts with healthcare institutions to identify 6 clinical needs (1 per hospital).
- Record a video presenting their need(s), to be showcased to interested SMEs from the digital health sector
- Ceremony award where most innovative Franco-British pairs of SMEs will be rewarded with a bespoke support programme to help them deliver innovation, answering clinical needs.
- Delivery of the bespoke programme by SmartHealth team: one common programme followed by an “a la carte” individual support.
ERDF Funding: €395,634.84 (80%)
Head of project: South East Health Technologies Alliance (SEHTA) (UK)
- South East Health Technologies Alliance (SEHTA) (UK)
- Europe Project Management – EPM Consultancy (UK)
- Amiens Cluster (FR)
- Eurasanté (FR)
To help you better understand Brexit, the SmartHealth partners regularly publish updates on healthcare regulatory affairs.
Discover the latest update!
Read the previous updates :
Healthcare Regulatory Affairs surrounding Brexit (Part 1) – September 2019
Healthcare Regulatory Affairs surrounding Brexit (Part 2) – February 2020
To learn more about SmartHealth project, discover the project newsletters :
Newsletter n°2 – February 2020